The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is a voluntary national membership association of professional nurses who are committed to the excellence of emergency care. ENA serves its members by achieving the following aims:
– To be the definitive authority on emergency nursing.
– To define the standards of excellence for emergency nursing.
– To promote the specialty of emergency nursing.
– To promote quality emergency care through continuing education activities.
– To be the resource for emergency nursing practice, professionalism, education, research, and consultation.
– To identify and address emergency care issues.
– To work collaboratively with other health-related organizations toward the improvement of emergency care.
– To affirm the ENA Code of Ethics.