Applicants Apply Externally Yes
Who May Reach Out: Principals Only. Recruiters/Agencies May Not Contact Us
Position Open To People With Disabilities Yes
Mennonite Services Northwest (MSNW) is recruiting for an Administrator to provide leadership to the Macdonald Residence ALF in Portland, Oregon. Everyone deserves a home, and a community, where they are valued, cared for and supported to live their most independent and fulfilling lives. All of the Macdonald Residence residents have specific needs and often a history of challenging behavioral health and addictions. As the Administrator of Macdonald Residence, you will lead the organization, to the next level in providing compassionate care for residents and fostering a supporting working environment for the staff who work here.
Your formal responsibilities will be to direct and supervise Macdonald Residence Assisted Living Facility consistent with good management and applicable regulations. You will represent Macdonald Residence to residents, families, employees, payers and the community.
At Macdonald Residence, we do things a bit differently. What would it really be like to be the Administrator of Macdonald Residence?
You, like us, believe relationships are at the heart of everything you do. You thrive on the variety of tasks, areas of responsibility, and types of people and personalities you get to interact with and support as part of your job. When you begin your position with us, you will learn and understand the strengths of the organization at the same time you create a vision of a continually improving and trauma-informed culture. As your visions become reality, each day looks a little bit different – on Monday you may be meeting with the State Department of Human Services to discuss regulatory changes and on Tuesday you may get pulled into a game of Farkle with residents. You amaze your colleagues with your ability to be just as comfortable with the high-level requirements of running an assisted living facility as you are celebrating a staff member’s work anniversary. You are unflustered by change and love the collaborative environment and the opportunity to empower all of your staff to contribute their best to this place so many call home.
• Must meet state qualification requirements for assisted living administrator.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Excellent computer skills (Spreadsheet and database experience preferred).
• Knowledgeable in the development and use of service plans, medication management systems, infection control practices, fire and life safety, resident rights, and behavior management and documentation practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to make decisions independently.
• Ability to be objective and treat staff in a fair and equitable manner.
• Ability to sit up to 2 hours at a time; ability to bend, straighten and travel reasonable distances.
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to work with and communicate with residents and their families.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
If this sounds like what you have been looking for, please click on the link below to apply and include a current cover letter and resume.
Criminal background check required for new hires. Macdonald Residence and MSNW are drug free workplaces. Background checks processed through Department of Human Services. Criminal records checks are conducted through the State of Oregon Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) and, if necessary, through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). In addition, information may be obtained through the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV), court records, and other states’ data systems. Fingerprints may be required as part of the check. Certain abuse records will also be reviewed. For further information on ORS 443.004 impacting the criminal records check process and a listing of permanent crimes see https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/BUSINESS-SERVICES/CHC/Documents/Provider-PDQ-List.pdf
Mennonite Management Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristics