Job ID 18123
Applicants Apply Externally No
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide support to the facility by performing medical billing office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Billing, Insurance Collections, Payment Posting, Patient Account Balances, Insurance Verification, and other duties as assigned
- Submit accurate primary and secondary insurance claims according to regulatory agencies and payer guidelines.
- Ensure all implants and supplies are priced and billed accurately.
- Follow up on all pended accounts, ensuring contract amounts are correct for all charges entered and correcting rejected claims.
- Ensures all payments and adjustments are accurately recorded.
- Documentation including notes, copies of EOB’s, denials, and other correspondence attached to patient accounts.
- Verification that cash deposited in the bank and the amount posted in the system is balanced daily.
- Ensure timely resolution of accounts receivables from insurance and other non-patent payors.
- Work to reduce and maintain acceptable days in AR and work all unresolved accounts within timeframes specified in facilities policy and procedures.
- Follow up on all patient balance accounts, including assisting patients with their bills, and collecting patient payments.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of one-year experience in a medical billing office setting or other cash handling experience.
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
- Required knowledge of EFT, EOB, ERA and other forms of remittance advice.
- Be able to interpret the EOB, RA, and/or denial correspondence and apply to patient accounting system.
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possess accurate judgment, especially handling AR, insurance claims, and dealing with patient accounts.
- Possess strong initiative to get daily work finished and processed.