Applicants Apply Externally No
Do you want to work in the McVeytown, PA area? Do you want great benefits working for a non-profit organization?
At Skills of Central PA, people are our priority! If you are searching for a rewarding career in the service of others where building relationships and human kindness are valued, consider a career with Skills.
For Skills the Direct Support Professional is one of the MOST exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the quality of life for the people we support. If this sounds like something that you would enjoy then join our team!
We are seeking a Full-Time Direct Support Professional (DSP) to work in one of our residential group homes located in McVeytown, PA. The schedule for this position could include all shifts (12a-8a, 8a-4p,and 4p-12a) and will be based on the needs of the program.
No experience needed – we provide PAID training! Minimum Requirements to become a Direct Support Professional
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- I9 Identification (Social Security Card, Passport, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional – (Checkout this video for a realistic job preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faovi-DOQKo&feature=youtu.be)
- Assist individuals with disabilities with their daily living and independence skills/personal care (may include grooming, bathing, feeding, cooking, cleaning, etc …).
- Utilize Person Centered Plans to assess an individual’s needs.
- Administer medication(s) and complete appropriate documentation.
- Accompany individuals to and from appointments and activities.
- Foster a meaningful relationship between the individuals and their community.
- Competitive Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 401K Program
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities.
- Great coworkers/team that support you!