Job ID 32349
Applicants Apply Externally Yes
Who May Reach Out: Principals Only. Recruiters/Agencies May Not Contact Us
Position Open To People With Disabilities Yes
BSI Business Group
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Knowledge/ Education: High School graduate or GED required.
License/ Certification: Valid in–state driver’s license preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year work experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.