Job ID 32326
Applicants Apply Externally No
Who May Reach Out: Principals Only. Recruiters/Agencies May Not Contact Us
Please join us online for a Virtual Info Session on what is next for you in a potential career giving LIFE with DaVita!
We are hiring Patient Care Technicians and Registered Nurses. Please apply to RSVP and receive our virtual link.
When: Thursday, August 13th
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Locations considered: Monroe, Athens, Greensboro, Hartwell, Loganville, Conyers
Additional Questions: Recruiter – Lashonda Broxton, Lashonda.Broxton@davita.com
Why attend online?
- It is convenient and accessible from your smart phone or computer
- You get to chat live with our recruiters and a field expert
- Learn about more than just the position we have posted, other roles, modalities and maybe even a prize or two!
Wondering what it’s like to be a PCT at DaVita? Click the link below to watch the short video!
Our PCT roles do not require previous health care experience so consider applying today.
What you can expect:
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on patient needs. Your expected shift will be shared during the interview process
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage, retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust, paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement as it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.