Job ID 22156
Applicants Apply Externally No
- Performs ordered examinations of appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site reading Physician.
- Maintains patient care, comfort and safety during the exam.
- Under guidance and approval of site Physician, administers contrast agents and/or radiopharmaceuticals according to site-specific protocols.
- Completes and signs the Patient Screening form and reviews/explains the procedure to the patient. Provides images to the facility in the desired site format.
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems; places service calls and notifies all pertinent team members of issues.
- Assists with the set up and tear down of equipment in accordance with SMS and/or manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Maintains a clean environment inside the facility.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks (i.e. time reports, QA, etc.).
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Cooperates with facility healthcare professionals and complies with facility policies/procedures.
- Complies with all safety policies and regulations including radiation safety.
- Maintains current Permits to Practice.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Completion of an approved School of Nuclear Medicine Technology Program required and at least 2 years of experience.
- Must be registered with the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Must be able to perform injection procedures.
- Operating knowledge of personal computers and medical charting systems.
- Must be able to interact with client personnel and SMS team members in a responsible, professional and ethical manner.
- Must be able to produce high-quality special imaging with little supervision.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in all applicable areas.
Daytime hours: Monday – Friday.