Job ID 18118
Applicants Apply Externally No
The Radiology Technologist is responsible for the fluoroscopic x-rays (C-Arm) procedures and other radiation procedures according to facility policy. The Radiation Technologist is responsible to assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The Radiation Technologist performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility’s policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public – in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Coordinates and performs activities routinely as appropriate with the OR Clinical Manager, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
- Performs the role of radiology technologist by anticipating the needs of the surgeon.
- Understands the high standards and cost savings and containment of the ASC.
- Promotes safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees.
- Assists the team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs handwashing according to policy.
- Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Current CPR
- Current ST State license REQUIRED
- 1-2 years ASC or hospital Experience
- Spine and pain surgical experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular attendance