Job ID 16387
Applicants Apply Externally Yes
The Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. They must be proactive in problem solving and have the ability to propose workable solutions involving other areas of Humana. The Senior Project Manager assignments are varied and require a broad range of experience/knowledge in multiple types of project development styles (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile. They must be proficient in all stages of project development including budget management, scope development and management, IT development, and test management.
The Senior Project Manager designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing the project; monitors progress and performance against the project plan; takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers the resources to complete the project. Develops project schedules, budgets, forecasts, selects materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. This position will be required to work with multiple business and IT areas across Humana and utilize different management styles depending upon the customer. They must possess the background knowledge in project execution to provide recommendations to both business and IT regarding efficiency and execution. They must also assume ownership of decisions made including any adjustments needed in mid-course of the project. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Must be able to evaluate multiple views and establish direction independently, quickly, and efficiently. They must also assume ownership of decisions made including any adjustments needed in mid-course of the project.
- 10+ years of project development experience comprised of project management, business analysis, development, and testing.
- Minimum of 5 years project manager/agile scrum master experience. This position will be working directly with Directors and Vice Presidents within Humana.
- Prior background in reporting status and working with executives to resolve issues is required.
- PMP Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
If your qualifications and experience are a great fit for the position, you may expect:
- A phone interview with a recruiterA recruiter will contact you for a phone interview. Some request a video interview over the computer or phone.
- A hiring manager interviewAfter hiring managers and interview teams carefully consider the skills and experiences of applicants, they contact the top candidates via email or phone to schedule an interview.
- Offer from HumanaIf you’ve successfully completed the interview process and are identified as the candidate we would like to hire, you will receive an offer from our Talent Acquisition team.
- OnboardingIf you accept the offer to join our Humana team, you will receive a welcome call or email to begin the onboarding process.